Question:
My mom just passed away so I'm trying to find a few peaceful, sweet songs to play at her service?
reds
2009-01-28 20:25:10 UTC
Trying to find some of those "remembrance songs,old or new ones that we can burn from my PC to a CD. to use at her service. We, my sisters and I would like to add a few to the couple we just now burned It will mean so very much if we can find just the right songs for her. So if you have any thoughts on the titles of a song or two that has ALOT of meaning,i hope you will forward them to me! She was 85 and a genuine Norwegian woman!!!
NEED ASAP p-l-e-a-s-e-!
Please help me if you can! Time is of the essence! Thanks so very much in advance!
Ps..I was told to use ITUNES to burn CDs, but they charge you for just one song to burn each time!(Any way around having to do that???hmmmm? lol) I know there's some others were you don't have to pay to burn your own CDs.....Have any ideas and sites to go to?
Thanks so very much in advance! I Could REALLY use all the help I can get....not very computer literate, if you know what I mean! :)
Twelve answers:
2009-01-28 20:42:13 UTC
Can I suggest Beim Schlafengehen by Richard Strauss it translates as Going to Sleep and the words in English

Now that I am wearied of the day,

I will let the friendly, starry night

greet all my ardent desires

like a sleepy child.

Hands, stop all your work.

Brow, forget all your thinking.

All my senses now

yearn to sink into slumber.

And my unfettered soul

wishes to soar up freely

into night's magic sphere

to live there deeply and thousandfold.

below is a link to my favourtie singer of this but you will also find may other versions,it is so utterly beautiful a perfect song for your mother
Macpark
2009-01-28 20:37:55 UTC
First, I'm so sorry about your loss.

Since your mother was 85 years old, I'm going to think of songs by older artists (as opposed to young ones such as Beynce). You can find them on Limewire. Here are a few songs that were played at a recent funeral for a 55-year-old man (a friend of a friend):

Amazing Grace - Judy Collins

Time to Say Goodbye - Andrea Boccelli

Wind Beneath My Wings -- Bette Midler

Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce

Riding Through the Storm - Donna Summer (a song about Jesus)
norskeyenta2
2009-01-28 20:34:00 UTC
Sincere Sympathy in loosing your Mother. This is beautiful and the video is great. The song is sung by Alan Jackson. Use this one.

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/UltimateFreedom.htm
manicmousy
2009-01-28 20:35:22 UTC
I am SO sorry for your loss. I just lost my mom 6 months ago. It's really hard. one song my dad had the vocalist & her son sing was called "If you could see me now". The lyrics are below, and if you click on the link, you can hear the song sung:

http://www.iviememorial.com/Now.html

Our Prayers have all been answered

I finally arrived

The healing that had been delayed

Has now been realized

No one's in a hurry

There's no schedule to keep

We're all enjoying Jesus

Just sitting at His feet

If you could see me now

I'm walking streets of gold

If you could see me now

I'm standing tall and whole

If you could see me now

You'd know I've seen His face

If you could see me now

You'd know the pain's erased

You wouldn't want me to ever

leave this place

If you could only see me now

My light and temporary trials

Have worked out for my good

To know it brought Him glory

When I misunderstood

Though we've had our sorrows

They can never compare

What Jesus has in store for us

No language can share

If you could see me now

I'm walking streets of gold

If you could see me now

I'm standing tall and whole

If you could see me now

You'd know I've seen His face

If you could see me now

You'd know the pain's erased

If you could see me now

I'm walking streets of gold

If you could see me now

I'm standing tall and whole

If you could see me now

You'd know I've seen His face

If you could see me now

You'd know the pain's erased

You wouldn't want me to ever

leave this perfect place

If you could only see me now

If you could see me now

If only you could see me now

It makes me cry every time i hear it. Here's another link...I think this is a free download, but i'm not 100% sure.

http://www.turnbacktogod.com/if-you-could-see-me-now-song-don-moen/
chris c
2009-01-28 20:35:03 UTC
You got a friend - Carol King

GO to www.gomusic.ru $0.10 per song
tooyoung2bagrannybabe
2009-01-28 20:33:09 UTC
Angels by Randy Travis
blank
2009-01-28 22:17:26 UTC
This is a religious song but I always thought it would be a nice song for someone who passed away:

http://www.spiritandsong.com/musicondemand/songs/30652

RIP to your mom. :(
Al
2009-01-28 20:35:30 UTC
andy mckee - rylynn

andy mckee - for my father

look them up on youtube...great songs
2009-01-28 20:32:45 UTC
i'm sorry for your loss!! how about angel by sarah mclachlan.
Bem
2009-01-28 20:38:16 UTC
http://www.thebestsongs.net/parents_funeral.html

they have nice songs. my condolences on your loss :/
2009-01-28 20:44:28 UTC
how about the jonas brothers? they rock!
#$#@#%@#
2009-01-28 20:28:51 UTC
(SIC) by SLIPKNOT