Question:
Why are asian children so rude ?
?
2013-10-28 22:21:07 UTC
I'm full Persian and when I was growing up in Fremont California, I got bullied a lot because of my race. Kids, especially the Asian kids would make fun of my thick eyebrows and larger bone structure. Things got worse in Junior High when the movie "300", came out. Kids I didn't even know would come up to me and asked me if I was gay like Xerxes just because I was Persian. Here is another glorious incident that showed blunt racism.

In the 8th grade I had a classmate. He was Chinese/Korean mix, but nice to everyone. We had a project due together the period after lunch. I wanted to talk to him to make sure he had everything for our presentation. However, he was talking to another boy, so I was waiting for his conversation to end. Then, a korean girl I didn't even know, nor had I ever seen before, came up to me and said, "Get out of here! We don't want you here!"

It's not only that. In any group, be it Asian, Black, White, or Latin, they always blindly defend people of their own race. Lets say I had a mutual acquaintance that was asian, and then one of his asian friends would be mean to me. If I just stood there and took that BS, he wouldn't say anything. However, if I were to start retaliating to my bully, the mutual friend would tell me to stop, but not the friend he has the same ethnicity as.

It just really bothers me because there are a lot of Asian people that complain about being treated unfairly. However, growing up, I was bullied so much just because I was Iranian, by mostly Asian students. We are taught in Elementary school to accept each other no matter what the color of our skin is. I mean, if you claim to be racist, why are you racist to other people? Especially people you don't know?

BTW, I am not prejudice to Asians in any way. In Fremont, the majority of the demographics are Asian people. My cousin is also half Vietnamese/Persian. I also have many Asian friends. I'm just trying to understand why people chose to be with people that look like themselves, and then are xenophobic to everyone else.
Seven answers:
?
2013-10-28 22:29:36 UTC
It wasn't that long ago that Asians, especially Chinese were considered to be subhumans in this country. Young Asians should be required to read about the experiences of their ancestors here as a part of racial sensitivity training. And since a large percentage of Asian families have older adults living with them those adults could share their experiences and wisdom too. Then perhaps they wouldn't be so quick to judge people of other ethnicities.

Apparently Jimmy C feels it is more important to make himself feel good by pointing out a minor error rather than trying to contribute constructively to the conversation.
?
2013-10-29 05:54:43 UTC
Ashton,

I agree with Jimmy C, Persians are Asians, technically.

My family is mostly northern European, and some Mediterranean people are part of my family too; but my wife is Chinese.

Our children are very kind, respectful, straight-forward. They are not rude.

What you said, Ashton, is a very generalized statement. How would you feel if I had claimed that all Persians were evil? Or rude? I have a friend from back home in Atlanta, Georgia who is Persian, and he is kind, respectful, honest, etc. I would never claim "all Persians are evil, or rude!"

I can not tell you what to do, nor would I want to; but, I respectfully suggest you not generalize all people who fit into any particular category as you have done in your question.

I am sorry your school experience with Asians of far-east background have given you such a hard-time; though, I am certain you will find more that are polite than rude in most places that you may seek them.

As far as Chinese go, specifically, I have only had a hard-time given me by one of them, my mother-in-law! *grin*
?
2013-10-29 13:32:11 UTC
Excuse me . that is a very sad tale not all Asian are like that especially those with educated parents. because parents are sending their child for proper education and taught for right values at home. remember the word you can not please everybody to accept you as you are so applying your self acceptance as a person will just make your self at peace with others just trying to re evaluate your self. and how you are dealing with other people or with different races. so you can find them friendly even non Asian. except for those kids who are with extreme prejudice among other race. so be yourself and be nice to others and sure you will win more good friend in the future.
Darren
2013-10-29 18:08:12 UTC
Every Ethnicity has those who are good and bad. Why you ask "why asian children...". I am terribly offended. What is I said "why do Iranian children...." I'm sure you would take offense to it. Maybe judge people as individuals instead of race because what your saying is still hurtful.
2013-10-29 22:03:34 UTC
We have more respect than American kids. Just saying. It would be worse if you attended a white majority school.
Jimmy C
2013-10-29 05:28:48 UTC
Persians ARE Asian. Look at a map.
Nunya
2013-10-29 05:23:03 UTC
Different cultures behave based on their history or their parents history. What you consider rude they may not consider rude or they may not know that you consider it rude.