Question:
How long do you wait to resolve a question that you asked?
dpm
2006-04-06 21:05:36 UTC
And is it rude to not pick a best answer?I think that it is
Eight answers:
Giggly Giraffe
2006-04-06 23:53:44 UTC
Varies, 1-2 days is my favorite to settle questions.

I call a vote when I have no clue what the true answer should be; meaning I need more support from the YA community to pick the best one ... I don't want to ask a question and pick a completely wrong answer when I'm clueless to begin with. I also call votes when I think all answers are stupid or so far away from my beliefs that I refuse to endorse it with 10 pts. Lastly, if there are two answers that tie in my mind, I'll call a vote for the communities oppinion ... however, this has backfired on me and everyone votes for the freaky answer.
byrdbrainz
2006-04-07 04:10:11 UTC
I wait until I get a good answer (which has yet to happen). Most of my questions go the whole time and get crappy answers. Then I don't pick a best answer.

I don't think it's rude to pick a best answer at all. I think it's a compliment to the person whose answer you pick. They put the time in to answer your question, they did a good job, they deserve 10 points.
2006-04-07 09:49:44 UTC
I wait 3 or 5 days then I always choose a best answer, it is not rude not too but I think it is good to choose my own best answers.
Libby Loves to Write
2006-04-07 04:10:17 UTC
I select a best answer as soon as possible because chances are slim that more answers will come in. And, I like to let people know right away that I appreciate their time and effort.
universalist
2006-04-07 08:34:02 UTC
I wait for one really good answer. About 75% of the answeres are so half-assed and stupid; so I leave the question up until I get a good answer.
wine naughty
2006-04-10 12:08:17 UTC
Wait no longer, your best answer has arrived. Rude is putting it a little strongly, ungrateful might fit.
2006-04-07 07:54:12 UTC
I've only asked one, and it's still open. I'm trying to figure it out, too. My guess is I'll close it when I see nobody's going to answer. And I'll pick the best answer, to thank them for their time and trouble to answer.
confused
2006-04-07 04:08:36 UTC
24 hrs