Question:
Why are thereTV's in some restaurants?
emmeaki
2006-01-18 00:47:00 UTC
The point of going out is to get away from the TV and socialize. It's annoying to be out with someone who and stares at the TV instead of talking to you while waiting for the food to arrive. How rude!
Eight answers:
DellXPSBuyer
2006-01-22 08:27:53 UTC
YUCK!! I have stopped patronizing the "breakfast nook" I used to attend on Sunday mornings. I'm sittin' there, trying to enjoy my food, while the fat cat on Fox news is talking about his enema and colonoscopy and heart bypass graft, etc. etc. It made me sick. I wish they would turn that crap OFF. I can see TV in a sports-bar setting, but normal dining? Let's skip it. The TV is so full of advertising (propaganda) why is it necessary to be subjected to it during food that I am paying for?
2006-01-18 20:03:24 UTC
restaurants provide more than just food. They also try to provide an atmosphere that a sizeable group will enjoy. If you dont like TVs in a restaurant then make a note of it not to go back. I don't like TV much at all anywhere, but I do understand that many do like it and enjoy it while eating a meal or drinking down at the pub. Make sure you find restaurants that provide you with a suitable atmosphere that both you and your party can enjoy.
One
2006-01-18 19:02:55 UTC
Sports is usually the reason. If someone is stuck at home watching TV, they will not be in your restaurant. So some restaurant owners have added TV for their clientele. This way, you can watch TV and eat and the owner can have some customers.
pms
2006-01-19 03:34:24 UTC
If you go to a sports bar that what you should expect. If you are at regular bar just remember there will be folks there that are alone and like to hear the noise. It sounds like you have a loser for a date. Have you asked youself if maybe you are to blame? What kind of conversations do you have? Is it all about you or do you show interest in them?
beemerharley2
2006-01-19 02:37:39 UTC
To watch entertaining programs, and if the conversation lags, it gives a distraction to a person who doesn't know what to say. You may try sitting facing the TV, that way your date will be looking at you, and not the offending box.
innocence faded
2006-01-18 11:36:18 UTC
I guess just for entertainment purposes, even though you can't hear what is being said on them most of the time.
irishgirl
2006-01-18 21:07:33 UTC
ESPN (all 40 of them!), NFL Network, etc...
bootleg_310
2006-01-18 08:55:51 UTC
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL